Who can Ruth help?

Ruth can only help in cases raised by people who live in her constituency, which covers the towns of Burslem, Tunstall and Kidsgrove and surrounding areas. If you are not a constituent, please contact your local MP.

If you are not sure who your local MP is, you can check and get in touch with them by entering your postcode here.

Please note that if you are contacting Ruth on behalf of a friend or family member she will need their consent over the phone or in writing before taking action.

What can Ruth help you with?

Ruth can help you with any matter for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as matters relating to:

  • Benefits, pensions or allowances

  • Immigration and Asylum

  • Queries and complaints about the NHS

  • Issues regarding tax

Ruth doesn’t have any control over our local councils and if your problem relates to the local authority, the first contact should be with your local councillors. You can go here to find your councillors for Stoke-on-Trent or here to find your councillors for Kidsgrove. If you are not satisfied with their response Ruth may be able to assist.

If you live in Stoke-on-Trent, the City Council has responsibility for matters such as:

  • Housing – allocations, repairs, problems with landlords

  • Finance – Council tax, Housing and Council Tax Benefit, rent arrears

  • Schools – allocation of school places, complaints

  • Social services – carers, Child Protection,

  • Environmental health – noise nuisance, trading standards, public health

  • Parking and enforcement

  • Waste Services – refuse collection/street cleaning/fly-tipping

  • Public highways – potholes, road repairs, street lighting, traffic problems

  • Leisure facilities – libraries, parks, sports centres

If you live in Kidsgrove most of these issues should be directed to Newcastle Borough Council or Staffordshire County Council.

How can Ruth help?

Ruth and her team can help constituents by raising concerns with the relevant department or official or writing to the relevant Minister. Many problems can be solved in this way.

Our constituent cases are dealt with in terms of how urgent the case is, so please note that due to the volume of correspondence Ruth receives, helping constituents with urgent personal problems has to take priority over responding to correspondence on political issues.

How to contact us?

You can get in touch by phone on 01782 950710 or by email at ruth@ruthsmeeth.org.uk


For more information on our privacy policy please click here

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search